- His own background in growing up with Asperger’s Syndrome
- The challenges he has faced as an adult with employment, managing money, relationships, and day-to-day life
- The history of autism/Asperger’s Syndrome and how the condition is understood today
- The characteristics and traits of Asperger’s Syndrome
- The common challenges/issues autistic people face
- Tips for managing/supporting and working with people who have Asperger’s
Alain can be booked for presentations on living with with Asperger’s Syndrome, speaking out about what it is like to live with the condition. In the past, he has spoken A-L-A-G, the Autism Show and the Burgess Autistic Trust.
Alain is currently working with Look Ahead Care and Support developing training for their support workers on how to work with people with Asperger’s. You can find out more about their work here.
In 2012, he published his autobiography, “An Asperger Actor” with chipmunka publishing. The book costs £12.00. To purchase it, click on the image to the left. In 2013, Alain turned the book into a one-man show that he took to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival. You can read a very touching review of the show here.
You can see Alain reading excerpts from the book below
Discussing his early years:
Discovering the poetry circuit:
Looking to the future:
He later created a show based on the book, which he took the Edinburgh Fringe in 2013. The show combines excerpts from the book interspersed with performance poetry.
Also, Alain published a book of poetry entitled “Outside-In
Musings on Life as An Autistic Poet” with William Cornelius Harris UK. This book also costs £12.00 and can purchased here .
Alain’s presentations are adaptable and can be made to suit any length or type of event. For more information, he can be contacted here.